Friday, October 5, 2012

Ok, let's talk about Nervous Nikki and the Chill Pills. I think Nicole will kill me once she sees that I'm calling attention to this thing we've got going on, so...these may be my last words.

Sometimes I think that I'm not a very interesting person. When I think about it objectively, I know that's not true. I've been a lot of places, have a lot to share. But you know...when the highlight of my week is finishing a 500 piece jigsaw puzzle and going to my Zumba class (in the same night! It was awesome!), I start to feel like my hobbies are a little lackluster. But then, I'll get a call or a text from Nicole. “When are you free this week?” I'm weary and droopy-eyed by the time I make it to her house to play, and I usually leave around 9:00 so that I can finish up chores in the apartment before bedtime. But for the hour and a half that Nicole, Kylie, Dylan, and I are in the back room of the addition on Nicole's house, I feel like I'm in a cocoon. I'm sitting uncomfortably close to people who know me uncomfortably well...which is, you know, oddly comforting. And while it's sometimes awkward to accommodate the different styles and energies and moods and thought processes of four distinct personalities, I think it's what makes it ultimately so much fun. It's the same cohesive hodge-podge that's evident in the music when you hear it.

The music is fun to play, creative, lyrical. And however much I like the music, I love hanging out with the people I play it with. Long live the band that makes my week (and months and years) anything but lackluster.

No comments:

Post a Comment